Monday, February 22, 2021

Upskilling: Drawing Sasuke With Sketch And Wacom Tablet

My most recent labour of love project began two months back when my then-11-year-old son requested for a drawing of Sasuke, a beloved character in the popular Manga series, 'Naruto'.

I've always wanted to learn how to use Photoshop, but in the course of building my career as a writer in the last 20-odd years, I never had the time. My Art Directors and I were always chasing deadlines. 

It was not meant to be.

The Wacom Tablet kindly lent to me by Primus Nair (Chief Creative Officer, Lego, Singapore HQ a year back), allowed me to explore layers and various brushes. I practised using it whenever I had time to spare, and finally figured out which pens and brushes suited me most.

This drawing ate up whatever little free time I had but it was worth it.

I framed it up and gifted it to my son on his 12th birthday, which we celebrated a few days ago. His face lit up behind his mask as he took it out of my hands.  I can say this because every mother knows when her child is happy (or sad). 

Plus, I could feel the warmth from where I sat. 






No comments:

Post a Comment