Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Monkeysuit Protocol: August Man Magazine

I took a break from advertising after the birth of my son in 2009. But I found a fun and fulfilling hobby writing for an NGO (Liberal Banter) who runs the LoyarBurok blog, a platform for social activism and all those who want to write for the good of human kind.

For a year (2010-2011), I worked with a lawyer named Adrian Chew, one of the curators of the blog, on a series of educational but entertaining articles on laws and human rights for a column in August Man, Malaysia's premier magazine for men. The lawyers who started the blog always complained that the average Malaysian had trouble understanding the jargon and dry narrative on articles concerning laws important to every Malaysian. Through the August Man articles, I employed dry wit and conversational English to simplify the scenarios that would call for certain laws. The series of 12 articles were published under the Monkeysuit Protocol banner and can be found here. Just click on any article with the Monkeysuit Protocol prefix in the title.

As both contributor and part-time curator of the blog, I've also written a few articles on topics that concern the average human living in the modern world and/or are important to me. These can be found here, here, here and here.

Hopefully, you'll notice that my style of writing is versatile and shifts according to the target market I'm talking to.

No comments:

Post a Comment